This policy has been drafted having regard to Hachiko’s obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (including the National Privacy Principles) (the Privacy Act) and applies regardless of whether you use the services through Hachiko’s website, your mobile phone, mobile device, TV, PC or any other equipment suitable to use the Services.
Collection of personal data
- Hachiko will only collect Personal Information where the information is necessary for Hachiko to perform one or more of its functions or activities. In this context, “collect” means gather, acquire or obtain by any means, information in circumstances where the individual is identifiable or identified.
- Hachiko collects Personal Information to support and execute on agreed Services for its clients and the collection of data is in accordance with the specific program terms and conditions.
- Hachiko will not collect Sensitive Information from individuals except with express consent from the individual and only where it is necessary for Hachiko to collect such information for an activity or function.
- Hachiko will not collect Personal Information secretly or in an underhanded way.
- From time to time we collect personal data from a third party list supplier for our marketing activities. We may use the services of a third party data supplier to enhance (or append) the data we hold about our customers.
Use of personal data
- We may use your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
- For internal record keeping.
- For our financial and operational processes.
- To improve the products and services we offer.
- To communicate marketing offers directly with you.
- To combine your data with other data that we may hold about you.
- We communicate to our clients, prospective clients and business partners using postal mail, telephone, email and SMS.
- We will only send you any advertisement, marketing or promotional material or product information, if you have elected to receive such information.
- You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing at any time by using the unsubscribe information on every such contact, by contacting us.
Disclosing and sharing of data
- Generally, we may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To contracted external organisations to provide us with support services.
- To comply with legal obligations if we are required by law to disclose personal information which may be the case in a criminal investigation.
- To anyone else you authorise us to disclose information to, from time to time.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
- In the instance where personal information is disclosed to an external company operating in a foreign country, we will ensure that the information is protected by a law or a contract which upholds Australian privacy principles.
- The circumstances when it may be necessary for us to disclose data to overseas recipients may be as follows:
- Data management, data processing, data analysis.
- IT services – data hosting, systems management and other technical services.
- Operational division of Hachiko located overseas.
Access and correction of personal data
- You can ask to obtain access to your personal information by putting your request in writing to the Privacy Office at Hachiko. You may be required to provide some proof of identification before releasing or correcting your personal information.
- If you are aware that your personal information is not accurate, up to date or complete, please contact the Privacy Officer, Hachiko Pty Ltd, 111a Union Street, McMahons Point NSW 2060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will deal with your request within a reasonable time and, if we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
Quality of personal information
- Before we use or disclose your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, relevant, up-to-date, and is not misleading.
- If you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, contact us and we will endeavour to either correct the information in our systems, or if necessary, discuss alternative action.
Storage and security of information
- Hachiko is committed to keeping secure the personal information you have provided to us. For example, your personal information is stored in secure premises and access to these premises is strictly controlled.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We will not keep this information for longer than necessary.
How to make a privacy complaint
- If you wish to complain about any breach or potential breach of this Privacy Statement or the Australian Privacy Principles, you should contact the Privacy Officer, Hachiko Pty Ltd, 111a Union Street, McMahons Point NSW 2060 or email email@example.com
- We will use our best endeavours to respond and resolve any complaint to your reasonable satisfaction.
- If you are unhappy with our response, you may apply to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner to have your complaint investigated.
- Cookie data will allow us to recognise you when you return to our website and provide a customised website view based on your previous usage of the site.
Opting out of marketing communications
- You may be contacted by mail, telephone or email for purposes of customer service or to be notified of related products, promotions, newsletters, customer surveys and similar materials that we may conduct or distribute from time to time.
- If you do not wish to receive any such communications, you may advise us that you wish to opt out by sending an email to the Privacy Officer, Hachiko Pty Ltd, 111a Union Street, McMahons Point NSW 2060 or email firstname.lastname@example.org